Mt. Airy PCA Outdoor Worship Guidelines
We are currently conducting outside Sunday worship services at 8:30 am. If you plan to attend, please review the following guidelines.
Guidance for attending outdoor worship services Jesus said that others will know that we are His disciples by our love for one another (John 13:35). Our love for one another is to reflect His love for us. This means that we put others ahead of ourselves. So, with the presence of coronavirus in our community, we take precautions out of concern for others more than out of concern for ourselves. In this spirit, we give the following instructions:
- Please wear masks, although you may, if you choose, remove them when we are in our places worshipping and/or singing 12 feet apart.
- As much as possible, maintain “social distancing” while at the church.
- Please park in the lower lot.
- The restrooms inside the church will be available, but we ask that you use them only one family at a time. Cleaning supplies will be available for you to disinfect surfaces.
- You may bring your own chairs, or pick up a white folding chair that will be available for your use. Please sit near the center of your space, as much as possible.
- You may wish to use an umbrella, etc., for shade, and if you do, please be considerate of others.
- In place of passing offering plates, there will be boxes on stands available for you to place an offering after the service is over.
- Water bottles will be available, but we will not have any coffee or other refreshments
As an act of love, you are instructed to stay at home on Sunday if
- You have coronavirus, or in the past two weeks you have been sick with the following symptoms: Fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, body aches, headache, sore throat, runny nose or nasal congestion, nausea and/or vomiting, diarrhea, new loss of sense of taste or smell; or
- In the past two weeks you have been exposed to Coronavirus, or you or someone in your household has been tested for Coronavirus (and you are still awaiting the test results). While at the service Sunday morning, if you begin to feel ill with any coronavirus symptom, please contact a church officer as soon as possible, for your sake and for the sake of others.